Wednesday, July 7, 2021

A half of 2021



Nights and days passed.
People came to the world, and some just left the world.
January became July, we are running this far to a place we hope we could be safe.
Sad to say, we still stuck at the moment a year ago, even worse than a year ago.
 
For me, yesterday felt like a dream.
A dream that I always wanted to keep, since there were a lot of people go yesterday.
The fun we had remains in a piece of memory.  
Tomorrow is the scariest thing to face.
Nobody knows who's gonna survive, who's gonna finish the race.
The next day is unpredictable and always be.  

It is such a strange feeling for me, kind of mixing up my emotion.
Looking at people updating coffins covered by plastics on their social media,
Making an online farewell through phone to their funeral,
Hearing ambulances sirens going back and forth,
Everything is so unbelievable these days.
 
In the late-night, I was alone and listening to the night sky.
I heard nothing in my neighborhood.
It was quiet and peaceful.
It seemed like mother nature doesn't care for whatever happens with humans.
Every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year keep going as the Earth rotates on its axis.
The Sun keeps coming from the east and sets in the west.

And I am so jealous of what the non-human beings have.
They could live without thinking about the pandemic that hit all of the people.

I miss those days, even though not really a good day, but at least we were not frightened every single day to the threats. 
I miss those days when people could talk without having mask, 
I miss those days before the Covid-19. 

I hope to wake up from this nightmare shortly.  
 
 
 
Gitta, 07.07.21

No comments: