Friday, May 22, 2020

A doughnut?

How could a grown up person like me, a teacher, a post graduate person like me, was being taught by my own students?

Well, being a teacher doesn't mean I teach all the time.
The art of being a teacher is that I am also being taught by students.
I have learned a lot of things that I never expected before.

Today, when I preached my students about the devotion that had held through online meeting.

A doughnut, a common doughnut.
If you find a doughnut, you may wonder, lot of doughnuts have a missing piece in the middle of the body. Well, if a doughnut represents as a goal of life, then the hole represents some imperfections of the goal itself.

What is the point of telling to second grader students about the goal and the imperfection?
We need to be told what's the point of living since we are kid, very young. So in the near future, we have complete picture of what we are gonna do. As young children, they must be expecting something if they about to be growing up. But it is very sad if grown up people only tell them about "what is your goal. keep pursuing your goal. do not give up on your goals" and whatsoever.

You know what, you forget to tell them "It is okay you fail in reaching your goal, you can try again." That is a better idea for a wise man.

Young children have been desperate for getting bad score or not being a top student in school. Once they turn home, they will be so upset telling that they failed to be the best one. And the crazy part is, some parents punish their kids for not being the best. That is so insane.

back to the doughnut. Kids should know that the big round of doughnut represents their dream, hopes, and goals. And a small hole represent their failure, their mistake or any other imperfection forms. So when they want to pursue their dream, it is okay to have mistake of failure.


And what makes me so special with this story like I said earlier?

In this covid-19 situation, I must be so ungrateful of whatever I have, or I maybe keep complaining about everything. The doughnut is not only telling me about the failure while getting a dream, but also always having an attitude of gratitude in any kind of situation. Do not focus on th missing point, or failure or the missing part or the saddest part because the whole body of the doughnut is still wide and a lot to be thankful. It is only a small hole, it is not a whole doughnut has hole. :)

It is so funny, when I was reminded my students, then I remind by myself either.


Always be thankful



No comments: